Supermercado La Franco Italiana
Supermercado La Franco Italiana is a chain of supermarkets, located in the Paraguana Peninsula of Venezuela.
The supermarket company was established in 1950, when the Italian Prati Caruso brothers established it as La Franco Italiana.
During the company's first few years, growth was slow, but when petroleum companies Royal Dutch/Shell and Creole Petroleum Corporation merged the Paraguana Peninsula experienced significant economic and population growth, inspiring La Franco Italiana to expand. In 1974 the company's name changed officially from La Franco Italiana to Supermercado La Franco Italiana S.A..
In 1989 the company inaugurated what is, as of 2003, the largest supermarket store in Venezuela.
Many people in the Paraguana Peninsula refer to the company as La Franco.
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article Supermercado La Franco Italiana