Fort de la Encarnacion
Fort de la Encarnacion on the Repocura River was built in 1666 by the Royal Governor of Chile Francisco de Meneses Brito. It was destroyed during a Mapuche rising in 1694 and rebuilt by Tomas Marin de Poveda with a nearby mission in December of the same year. These were destroyed in the 1723 Mapuche rising. Rebuilt again as Fort Repucura by Governor Antonio de Guill y Gonzaga in 1764, it was destroyed for the last time in the Mapuche Uprising of 1766.
Francisco Solano Asta Buruaga y Cienfuegos, Diccionario geografico de la Republica de Chile, SEGUNDA EDICION CORREGIDA Y AUMENTADA, NUEVA YORK, D. APPLETON Y COMPANIA. 1899. pg. 265 Encarnacion. Antigua plaza fuerte
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article Fort de la Encarnacion