Campana, Buenos Aires Province
Campana is a city in the , the head town and only city of the Campana Partido of the same name. It is located about 75 km from Buenos Aires City, on the right-hand margin of the Parana River, and it has about 84,000 inhabitants as per the .
Campana and Zarate make up an important industrial region. The city is linked to Zarate and the Zarate-Brazo Largo Bridge (and from there to the Mesopotamia) by Provincial Route 12. The Pan-American Highway links Campana to Buenos Aires, Rosario, Cordoba and the north of Argentina.
The village of Campana was officially created in 1875. On 6 July 1885 the Campana Partido was created as an offshoot of the Exaltacion de la Cruz Partido.
Campana has been since late 19th century and to a lesser degree today an important shipyard and port for passengers traveling to the remote Ibicuy Islands of the Parana Delta.
ReferencesMunicipality of Campana - Official website.
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article Campana, Buenos Aires Province