.

MundoAndino Home : Colombia Guide at Mundo Andino

Masivo Integrado de Occidente


The Masivo Integrado de Occidente , also referred to as MIO, is a bus rapid transit system that serves Santiago de Cali, Colombia. The system is operated through articulated buses which move in dedicated lanes. Approximately the 97% of the spatial perimeter of the city will be involved by this system, involving nearly 243 kilometers. The MIO will cover approximately 72% of Cali's public transportation needs. This especially benefits the poor population.

This project will be set in motion by an investment of US$405 million; of which, 70% will be contributed by the Colombian government and the remaining 30% by the municipality of Cali. These resources are destined to finance MIO's infrastructure: construction of trunks, fueling stations, rest stops, the system of stations, pedestrian bridges, terminals, and yards. The buses will have a capacity of 160 passengers and will circulate exclusively on the trucks; in turn, the register type buses will transport between 80 and 100 people and they will travel through tramways and special diversions.

Fares

The standard fare is of $1.500 PESOS, about US$0.60.

Hours of operation

The regular operation of the system is from 5:00AM to 11:00PM.

Routes and stations

;Trunk routes

Carrera 100

Calle 5ta

Carrera 15

Calle 15 (one way)

Calle 13 (one way)

Carrera 1ra

;Transferring terminals

Terminal sur

Terminal plaza de toros

Terminal puerto Mallarino

Terminal Calima

External links

Metrocali Homepage

How is the MIO going?

Didn't find what you were looking for.
Need more information for your travel research or homework?
Ask your questions at the forum about Transportation in Colombia or help others to find answers.

This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article Masivo Integrado de Occidente


Disclaimer - Privacy Policy - 2009