The Sutagaos were the settlers indigenous to the zone where today Fusagasuga is located. This community does not possess an own study in reason of the instability of the archaeological indications.
The Sutagaos inhabited the region until the new town was founded by Oidor Bernardino Albornoz between the 5th and 13th of February in 1562. Not much is known about the previous indigenous residents. During the visit of Oidor Ibarra, there were 759 indigenous people residing in Fusagasuga. When Oidor Arostequi arrived in February 1760, the indigenous population had dwindled to 85, and there were 644 new settlers divided among 109 families. On February 19, 1760, a small hospital was established near the church and Father Vicente of Fresneda was given charge of it.
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article Sutagaos