San Martin Palace
National Historic Monuments of Argentina
Palaces in Argentina
Government buildings in Argentina
National Historic Monuments of Argentina Forum
San Martin Palace (Palacio San Martin) is located facing Plaza San Martin in the Retiro neighbourhood of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The Beaux Arts style palace was designed for Mercedes Castellanos de Anchorena by the architect Alejandro Christophersen in 1905. Finished in 1909, the building was acquired by the Argentine government in 1936 and became the Headquarters for the Ministry of Foreign Relations. A new headquarters was completed in 1993, and at present the palace serves as the Ceremonial Headquarters for the Ministry.
The palace contains many works of art by Argentine and American artists from the 20th century, such as Antonio Berni, Pablo Curatella Manes, Lino Enea Spilimbergo, and Roberto Matta.
Interiors and courtyard
File:Palacio San Martin ballroom.jpg
File:Palacio San Martin nude sculpture.jpg
File:Palacio San Martin reception room.jpg
File:Palacio San Martin courtyard.jpg
Argentine Ministry of Foreign Relations
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article San Martin Palace