No. 164 Squadron RAF
No. 164 Squadron of the Royal Air Force was a fighter squadron during the Second World War.
No. 164 Squadron RAF was originally founded on 1 June 1918, but never received aircraft and was disbanded on 4 July 1918. The squadron was reformed at Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, on 6 April 1942, as a fighter squadron initially equipped with Spitfire Mk VAs, becoming operational in early May.
Around 600 Argentine volunteers, mostly of Anglo-Argentine descent, joined the British and Canadian Air Forces, many in the 164 Argentine-British RAF squadron, whose emblem featured an Argentine sun with a lion passant.[http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=143472 Wartime RAF ...
Continue reading the complete No. 164 Squadron RAF's wikipedia entry
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article No. 164 Squadron RAF