[[Image : Curutchet House.jpg|thumb|250|right|The Curutchet House in La Plata]]
The Curutchet House, La Plata, Argentina, is one of the two buildings in the Americas by Le Corbusier (the other is the Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts in Boston). It was commissioned by Dr. Pedro Domingo Curutchet, a surgeon, in 1948 and included a small medical office on the first floor. The house consists of four main levels with a courtyard between the house and the clinic. The building faces the Paseo del Bosque park. The main facade incorporates a brise soleil.
Construction began in 1951 under the supervision of Amancio Williams and was completed in 1955. The house exemplifies Le Corbusier's five points of architecture and incorporates a ramp and a spiral staircase.
The house was restored from 1986 to 1988 during the centennial of Le Corbusier's birth and declared a national landmark by Argentina's commission on national landmarks. It currently houses the Buenos Aires professional association of architects, the Colegio de Arquitectos, and is open to the public for tours.
Casa CurutchetBoulevard 53 N 320La Plata 1900Argentina
Lapunzina, Alejandro. ''Le Corbusier's Maison Curutchet''. New York: Princeton Architectural Press, 1997. ISBN 1-56898-095-7.
Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts, Le Corbusier's other building in the Americas
Information from Dr. Claudio Canenna
Directions to house
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article Curutchet House